Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Voice of An Actor


The voice exercises are very strange, but strange in a good way. The first day, everyone was out of control and I didn't like that. They always giggled, and in this class, I think staying on task is a big deal. (Remeber last year's IB Theatre..eek!..but still fun) But...voice exercises...It really does help to those who need help with pronounciating(sp), and it also helps me, can't really explain how, but it seems to. It keeps me more focused. But it is also hard when you're nervous and your heart is racing fast to concentrate on breathing every two lines. But also, the more I practiced it, the more I became aware that I didn't need to count or remember, it just happened. But the nerves do get the best of me when all at once:YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER TO DO EVERYTHING: breathing, blocking, your LINES, ect. But I'm sure the more I am keen to the sense of controlled breathing, it becomes natural. I love Shakespeare, so doing those sonnets, ..Took My Breath Away....*sigh*

No comments: