Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Character Analysis


The Character I am choosing is Peter Pan from the prduction of Peter Pan at the Children's Theatre. The actor, or more like actress who played this was a girl of maybe 17 or 18(don't know actually name of girl). To get into character for Peter Pan who is originally a guy in his not even teens, so around 11 or 12 years of age. This actress must have had to watch the movies and research or supervise how boys around that age act, and the fact that he never wants to grow up. Also being in a "fairy-tale" world of imagination even beyond the basics of acting close up. So this actress at first had to get into character:the voice, the actions, ect. of a 11/12 year old boy. She may have done it that way1: looking at the movie and that's the original piece of the work. So to me, that would be the best way to get into character was watch the movie and just focus on Peter. After doing that, I should say well set into the mind of being Peter Pan is far fetch. 2: watching 11/12 year old boys and taking notes or mental notes on their reactions, how they talk, ect. Become the younger boy-to-be. For vocally, I would make my voice not sound "manly" but not too girly either, but just young, and physically do the actions and hesitations of a young boy, and be energetic..more. Why, because I know if it feels weird at a point or strange, than I am doing it right, and not just caring what everyone else thinks. For me, I don't personally care what people think, I just act it, and give it the best, and be that character. In return I am that character.

No comments: